“Blockchain technology has the potential to address many challenges within the real estate industry, including:
* Improving trust and transparency
* Reducing siloed databases
* Making transaction processes more efficient
* Limiting the use of intermediaries”
Find the trends by looking at cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology independently.
“If every party to a transaction trusted the information involved, even though they didn’t trust one another, costs could fall and performance could improve drastically. That is the essence of the blockchain vision.”
SXSW put together a significant blockchain program with over 48 panels in four days bringing together technologists, thinkers, and entrepreneurs from every end of the blockchain ecosystem.
“While cryptocurrencies and medical records receive an enormous amount of attention for their potential use cases of the technology, many lesser-known-yet-significant use cases will emerge with time.”
“Over the next decade, the global financial market, which includes insurance and fintech, will continue to be the largest value market using #blockchain technology.” IHS Market predicts revenues from blockchain projects to reach $462bn by 2030. via @Information Age
“#Samsung’s latest flagship phone will include a dedicated secure storage function designed for cryptocurrency private keys. The S10 joins a slowly growing line of smartphones designed with cryptocurrencies in mind, including HTC’s EXODUS 1 and Sirin Labs’ Finney.”
I had the pleasure of talking with Josh Gnaizda at the #CryptoFundReportpodcast.
We discuss questions like:
- What are the markers for the end of the industrial revolution?
- What is the #FifthEra and what its means for decentralization?
- How do we measure the well-being of humans?
- What’s next for #blockchain startups and projects?
- How angel investing is impacting blockchain and #crypto companies.
The benefits of this blockchain application are speed of user verification, less risk of fraud, automatic escrow payments, and easy integration.
Thoughts on the future of blockchain:
- The Internet Will Continue Evolving: Digital Monies & Assets Needed
- Most Blockchain Projects Will Fail
- The Bad News Comes First
- A Few Potential Winners Will Begin to Emerge
- Potential Winners Will Start to Play Hard With Each Other
- Most Surviving Projects Will Move Beyond Their Start Up Phase
Read my Blockchain Competitive Advantage for more.
CB Insights summary of companies exploring the use of blockchain technology. Here are a few promising examples:
> #GoldmanSachs is setting up a #cryptocurrency trading desk
> Transport consortium (#UPs, #FedEx) are testing #blockchainapplications to improve freight transport
> #Nasdaq and #Citi are using blockchain #technology to automate payment processing from Citi to Nasdaq’s blockchain
> #AWS has partnered with #Kaleido to offer a full-stack blockchain enterprise platform on the cloud
A 2020 presidential candidate talks about his idea to use #blockchain to track time banking. His entrepreneurial and economic perspectives and ideas are out-of-the-box and thought-provoking. Definitely worth a listen
I recently had the pleasure of speaking with Josh Gnaizdaon for the Crypto Fund Report podcast. We discuss the #FifthEra and what it means for decentralization, blockchain fund of fund strategies, and how angel investors provide startups with much more than just financial capital.